Lifespan Physiotherapy Staffing is excited to “meet” our newest remote team member! Operating out of San Diego, California, Lifespan is looking for an office assistant to assist with our Scheduling & Intake/ QA Department.
What is Lifespan?
In short, Lifespan is a home health staffing network. In business since 2008, Lifespan has grown to a large and dedicated team currently focused on ensuring geriatric homebound patients (65+) residing in the Southern California region receive timely, specialized care.
Who are we looking for?
- As a medical-adjacent company, Lifespan is looking for an individual with a history and personality of being positive, fast-moving, and dedicated.
- Someone who is willing to do the hard work of learning the home health industry, including terminology, standards, and expectations would be a prime candidate. Prior knowledge would be amazing, but we’re realists!
Lifespan wouldn’t exist without our Scheduling and Intake teams, so a customer-focused mindset and a willingness to build relationships with clients and team members alike is a must.
Basic computer and phone literacy is also necessary. While a majority of communication will be relayed via the phone and Email, internal databases, the Electronic Health Record (EHR), and internal chat will need to be utilized in tandem to make decisions and answer questions.
As a remote team member, a good fit for this position will be motivated by the mission and importance of the work. They will also have a stable internet connection, dual monitor setup, workable computer, quiet environment, and high quality headset. We are able to assist with setting up a workstation.
Shifts range 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm PST or 10am-7pm PST. Currently the team members like to rotate or swap these shifts as needed to cover the department. We are a team and work with you to ensure there is a balance to your schedule.
Please note that while this is a remote position, it is still an 8 hour shift. It is not a good fit for someone looking to travel (digital nomads) or take care of things at home during non-break working hours — as the workload is reasonable, but consistent.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Problem-solving and applying training to ensure Emails and phone calls are triaged or handled appropriately and/or to ensure cases are staffed accurately, quickly, and in a financially beneficial manner.
- Using creativity and strategy to resolve chart and documentation discrepancies.
- Staying knowledgeable on emerging healthcare trends, company policies, and procedures.
- Answering phone calls from clients (agencies) and field clinicians to again triage or address questions/concerns.
- Keeping in communication with internal departments via company chat and virtual meetings.
- Assisting with miscellaneous administrative tasks as needed to support the Scheduling or Intake team, as well as the company at large.