Swisscontact – the Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation – is a leading organisation in international development and
cooperation, operating worldwide since 1959. It is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development
cooperation and is represented in 38 countries with over 1200 employees. Since 1994, Swisscontact has been operating
contributing towards stronger economies and societies in seven developing countries in Eastern Europe. Our core fields of work
include vocational education and training, labour market insertion, sustainable agriculture, tourism, and entrepreneurship
promotion. Swisscontact is looking for an Intervention Manager for an anticipated SDC-funded Sustainable Inclusive Growth in
Mountainous Armenia (SIGMA) project to be based in Yerevan, Armenia.
Place of work: Yerevan, Armenia
Contract Duration: 2 years (renewable)
Note this role is conditional on Swisscontact securing funding for the project.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Intervention Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing facilitative
interventions with national and local actors to support Market System Development. The role involves mainstreaming social
inclusion principles in resource allocation schemes in support of rural market development. Work to facilitate systemic changes
related to the SME enabling environment at national and local levels. It is expected that the Intervention Manager will work closely
with market players, particularly with Sectoral Associations and other relevant stakeholders to influence the enabling
environment and improve access to markets and services.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in development, business administration, economics, or equivalent education.
- Experience in Private Sector Development projects, and a background in private business or entrepreneurship a plus
- Familiarity with the Market System Development (MSD) approach a plus
- At least four-six years of work experience in supporting rural SMEs including influencing policies relevant to rural
- Self-motivated, possesses a positive outlook, flexible and able to work without close supervision and under pressure.
- Experience in working with a wide range of public, private and civil society representatives.
How to apply
Are you interested in a fascinating job in an international context, and strive for contributing to excellence and making a difference? We offer a challenging
scope of duties and believe strongly in personal responsibility. In view of team composition, applications by female candidates are highly encouraged.
Send a CV (no more than 4 pages) and a cover letter (max. 1 page) in English stating why you are interested in working with Swisscontact as Intervention
Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please write this subject in your e-mail application: Job applicant: INTERVENTION MANAGER: Sustainable Inclusive Growth in Mountainous
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is Friday 12th August 2022. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.